- Mix flour and butter with a pastry blender until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. If you don't have a pastry blender, you can use two sharp knives in a scissor motion.
- Add cold water while mixing with a fork until the mixture starts to form a ball. (This usually takes 1/2-3/4 cup, depending on the weather).
- Divide the dough in half.
- For each half: With your hands, pat the mixture gently into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Coat your counter with flour. Place the disk on the counter, then flip it over so both sides are coated. Roll out with a floured rolling pin.
- Place the first half in a your pie plate and refrigerate while rolling out the top.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups of flour, 2/3 cup of butter, water
Posted by Susan at 7:01 PM